Author Archives: RenaissanceRiah
With new updates coming out for Kingdom Hearts 3, a potential plot twist shows itself. This has to do with Master Eraqus in the trailer, during the little chess match. Xehanort is gloating saying:
“Just like in the legend, darkness prevails over light”
Eraqus on the other hand, still smiling says
“My move, isn’t it?”
And if you pay close attention, there is only one piece left vs 9 darkness pieces on the chessboard but Eraqus refuses to forfeit the match.
1) This implies that Eraqus might be planning something while within “terra”, as Eraqus’s heart moved inside Terra after he was beaten in Birth By Sleep.
2) Eraqus’s keyblade is also seen in the trailer, also implying that maybe Eraqus might have guided the keyblade to Sora.
A lot is in the air but I do think he will come back and have a major impact in the fight.
This month has had some good reveals on games
I’m glad they are adding good characters in Jump Force.
Kingdom Hearts 3 got some more updates out there…..with (and this is me personally) a potential plot twist with a certain Master …and I’m not talking about Xehanort.
More devil may cry 5 information, with Dante looking younger, including (and surprisingly) Lady….
And the future One Piece game looking pretty awesome.
I got to open 5 packs of Pokemon – Primal Clash a whole MONTH early. So awesome.
There are some things you are going to have to think about…
Goku is really all about perseverance and constantly challenging himself. Those are the keys. Goku is always reaching to better himself because he didn’t really want to be better than anyone else, rather he wanted to truly be the better version of himself. He was always growing as a person mentally and physically and each time he surpassed himself, he surpassed those around him. So yeah, he was the best around, but that wasn’t his ultimate goal. He fought others, but he was constantly fighting himself. He loved himself, but he knew there was always more to improve upon. Though he definitely celebrated each achievement 🙂 Each milestone was important and showed the strength he gained, even though there could be even more to do ahead. He looked with in himself and by bettering himself, he always surpassed his enemies. That may not be realistic in this world because there is no law saying the hero has to win in the end of the show, but it shows that pushing yourself and only looking to better yourself can make you achieve true strength instead of measuring up to others standards of power and strength.
At least they some what showed that Goku triumphed over failure. He was pretty much good at most things from the get-go only training to hone his skill and power, but he did over come adversity and had to fail a few times to learn how to correctly do something. Often, on athletic show reels, you see the good stuff but you don’t often see the failures leading up to them. In a video by Caleb Luliano he talks about progression. You may not be able to get something at first. Try it over and over until you get it. You may have to build up the strength for it. He takes a rational approach and builds up each movement/technique.. but at the same time he is not afraid to fail. He falls until he achieves his goal, taking it one step at a time and trying until he does it. In this way you can reach things that sometimes seem not humanly possible.
Also, you are going to have to eat a lot and eat the right foods for this type of intensity/activity. No wonder Goku is always hungry.
There are some things you will have to do…
We may not have the technology to train in gravity chambers quite like Goku did, but there are some other things we can do to simulate that and press our selves beyond our limits.
1. You probably don’t have access to a military or NASA pilot training facility where you can use a centrifuge, but that would be a good start to test your body and strain against high G’s. Click Here to watch it in action.
2.Do calisthenics and weight training to simulate the high gravity. Body weight exercises can do amazing things, especially if you push the intensity. Here are some videos that demonstrate body weight exercises and also some work outs that imitate high gravity intensity.
Like the Youtube user jaxblade talks about, you are not trying to become some other character, but rather you are inspired by them and motivated to become a better you. You can use them as a model for yourself but we are all unique.
Here are some other examples of some beast mode training. Enjoy!
click the photo to view the playlist or click here.
Over all, this was a great movie. I was very pleased with it, as a just a causal watcher and as someone who read the book. I am usually very picky, but they did well. The visuals were awesome. They gave light to some of the more confusing scenes/aspects that were deeply sci-fy and brought a lot of the imagery to life.
It was a lot like the book, but there were the obvious difference as in any movie adaptation. They had to speed some things up and cut some things out, and even change a few small things get a message across quicker. It was a long and intricate book that needed to be conveyed in a feature film length time period. It left some of the depth and inner development out, but all in all it stayed very true to the book in spirit and accuracy.
The small things that were off were the friendships seemed too quick and the enemies too scarce in battle school. In the book it took a long time and some even hated him first before they were friends. And the Bonzo fight was a bit different In the book it was more strategic (Ender actually put the soap on himself for a reason), it took slightly longer, and it was more badass/devastating. Plus, he didn’t know right away that Bonzo was that badly injured and dying. But, again, that’s just a time issue and the idea was convey. Though, it was sped up, the scene was still the same as in the book overall.
A bigger issue and one of my only real issues is: the ending. Compared to the book it left something to be desired. It was a dramatic ending which was cool, but you didn’t get the full thing. I was aksed why he did something or what some of the things meant.
For example: **Spoiler** In the book the Queen actually talks to Ender, but it was the new queen and she did so thorugh the egg/cocoon. They converse and come to an understanding. I don’t want to give too much away, but they realize peace. It doesn’t seem to come through completely in the movie. They should have done a little more to convey that. And then he brings the egg somewhere.. it leaves it hanging. In the book he goes to another planet that they are colonizing and gets to govern it. His sister joins him. It is actually there that he finds the egg thing in a landscape made spcifically for him by the “buggers” as a message because they linked to his dreams and much later he brings the egg to another planet. The movie doesn’t tell you where he’s going or why he was just able to go. But, I get why they did it. Again, more of a time constraint and drama thing.
They did a good job showing the growth of Ender as a commander, though it was obviously more detailed int he book, and the actor was very good at personifying Ender. It was a great choice, though in my head he looked younger in the beginning.
The movie was great. My family liked it, I liked it. But there is so much more to the book (even a little side story with his sister and brother) and more insight. It is totally worth reading and this is worth watching each for their separate and consolidated reasons.
This is a list of cards I am selling (make sure it’s from the seller: Outcast Dimension for tcgplayer or RenaissanceRiah for Ebay):
Chief Engineer foil
M15!!! This core set is epic. I’ve heard some people say they weren’t too enthusiastic about it. But I absolutely love it. There are so many cards I can use. Plus, this was the first time i sat through multiple pre-release events for a set. Even though I lost half the time, I had a good time there and learned a lot. Plus I got tons of awesome cards.
Top 5 of each color
1. Obviously, we have to start with the planeswalker. In my opinion it is one of the best planeswalkers in this set. I mean, look at it. It’s ridiculous. The plus 1 is pretty good. I don’t like that it’s until end of turn, but it can’t be too over powered. It’s minus 2 is awesome. Especially if you are running a super friends deck with multiple planeswalkers. But, look at that ultimate. Minus 7, but it’s worth it. You just have to keep him out there long enough to use it. “If a source would deal damage to you or a planeswalker you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.” That is a game changer. Someone would have to have a lot of damage, probably a deck with a lot of burn spells or overrrun, to get at you.
2. This card, though not quite as incredible, is bananas as well. Especially if you had a deck with cards that bounced permanents back to your hand. You could just prevent or, rather recover from any damage. You basically negate their power. But, even without a deck like that, this card is pretty sweet. It has a high cost but it is worth it. If you can get it out in limited or sealed format the look on your opponent’s face would be priceless. “Oh, you hit me and now I’m at 7… Resolute Archangel. Now I’m at 20 (or 40 if you are playing EDH).”
3. Again, this card is bananas. So awesome! It’s like having shroud. It’s like a whispersilk cloak except you get +2/+2 instead. So, you are essentially unblockable unless your opponent has a lot of artifacts or board wipes. It is definitely a powerful card and, depending on the type of deck you play, will lend itself well to your deck, even if it has a fairly high cost.
4. Awesomesauce. That’s what this is. First of all, it has convoke. So, if you couldn’t pay the mana cost, you could tap a creature you don’t need at that moment. Second, it is an instant. Most exile cards are enchantments. It does have the limitation of “attacking or blocking creature” but it’s really not that hard to wait until it attacks or blocks. Plus, it’s an instant so realistically you’d probably need it to prevent someone from attacking or blocking.
5. It really is hard to choose just five. But, I’d have to say number five is Avacyn. You definitely have to be playing a lot of white for her cost, but it’s a pretty powerful card. The bottom ability costs a lot, but can also prevent a lot of damage. The top one will save your butt in a pinch. And both abilities can be used more than once if you have the mana. Plus, it is a flying 5/4. That’s awesome. I love fliers. It’s already hard to block, but could you imagine putting spectra ward on it. You’d be set.
I am not impressed with this set’s Jace card. So, he is not going in the top 5.
4. It has a low cost and starts off somewhat weak, but it’s easy to get out there. Once it’s out, every time you draw a card, you are building it’s power and toughness. When it dies you get islandwalkers in its place. Definitely a cool card.
5. There are two contenders for this one because they both do similar things and each have a stipulation in order to do them. They both, potentially, allow you to bring a creature directly out onto the battlefield. But Jalira makes you sacrifice a creature and possibly put a few in the graveyard, too, and the sphinx is not a sure fire thing because the opponent has to guess and get the answer wrong.
1. Though it isn’t the best planeswalker in the set, she definitely is a threat in her own way. Her plus 1 makes your opponent discard, which is great for decks revolved around that mechanic and just ok in general. Sometimes you get lucky and they discard good cards. Her minus 2 lets you look for a specific card, though you can’t just put it out right away. And her ultimate lets you put all creatures from all graveyards onto the battlefield under your control. How scary is that?
3. This guy is awesome and mean. Flying, 4/4, with trample and gains +1/+1 every time another creature dies. And on top of all that, he makes your opponent sacrifice a creature and lose 10 life if they search their library.
1. Definitely not one of the strongest, but she’s strong in her own right. I always root for the underdog though oddly heroine-ish badass female role haha Anyways, that ultimate is ridiculous. I generally don’t play with cards like that (reliant upon instants and such). But, I can see the value. Plus, the plus 1 is pretty sweet.
2. Okay, first of all, I love dragons and this is a pretty bad ass looking one. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, we can focus on why it’s a good card. If, by chance your opponent had walls, they would be destroyed when this entered the battlefield. If they don’t, it deals two damage to each creature without flying your opponent controls every time it attacks. Plus, it’s a 5/5 flier. The one draw back is it is expensive to play. 7 drop? uh..errr….eee… um idk about that.
4. Another dragon, huzzah! But, seriously, it’s a pretty decent card: 4/4 for 4 mana, plus it’s a flier, and you get a bonus card when it dies. Sucky part is you are probably choosing a good artifact but you can only get that artifact when this dies and I generally don’t want my powerful cards to die. Better have a way to bring it back or have even better cards in your deck. Maybe this would work in a specific artifact deck.
5. Ugh. This one killed me multiple times at pre-release. It’s always good to have a low costing burn spell with instant speed. One guy even got a player’s set of this at a draft and decimated everyone.
1. Super awesome planeswalker right here. Two plus 1 abilities and a killer ultimate. I never was a fan of making lands into creatures before, but this changed my mind a bit. Like seriously, just read the card. It’s just awesome. Plus, look at her. Badass!
2. It’s a 3 drop 2/3 which is pretty great, but then if you pay 3 more and tap it, you can bring out a creature. You start with a one drop then work your way up and you can keep bringing creatures out. It does get targeted pretty quickly though.
3. Check this bad boy out. It looks like a gentle giant, but it packs a punch. Meant for blind attacks, though it would do better if it were equipped or enchanted to have a higher toughness. But, it is a 7/2 for 6 mana and keeps coming back. I’d say that’s awesome.
4. First of all, the art work is awesome. But, it’s ability is, too. Yeah, it costs 6, but it’s worth it. Especially in a mono-green deck. It comes in with power and toughness equal to the amount of forests you control. Imagine this paired with Nissa. Holy crap! And then you get another creature that is equal to the amount of forests you control!
5. This little guy is just awesome. It may have defender, but it definitely packs a punch. You get flying death-touchers equal to the amount of damage it takes. Now, just make it indestructible and you are set.
1. This one is just a beast. I will let you read all of the abilities. But, it definitely does some damage. It is one of the most sought after planeswalkers/cards in this set, with Nissa, Ajani, Sliver HiveLord,some lands, and a few others.
I myself pulled one of these a Nissa a Jace and a Yisan plus a few other notable cards at pre-release and then when it released I got another Nissa. Just a few days ago, I actually got a third Nissa lol If you’d like to see click here.
4. I had to include this guy. It’s just so awesome. 0 cost for a flier? Hell yeah! You can beef it up if you want it to attack or use it as defense. But it’s a great card to get at the starting gates.
I watched Emma Watson’s speech today and it was the second video that blew my mind this morning. It was truly amazing. But it also brought back memories. I was called a he-she when I was younger. At 9 years old I was ridiculed, belittled, and harassed because I didn’t want to do what girls were supposed to do. I didn’t want to stand there and look pretty. I wanted to play, I wanted to be tough, I wanted to be queen of the monkey bars, and I loved dragon shirts instead of dresses! lol I can look back on this and smile, but those times are a little embarrassing to recall because I suppose I am still self conscious of them, still nervous people will think the same way. But I shouldn’t be. Because I see no shame. All I see is a child’s spirit that was doused like an annoying flame because it was too bright. I feel robbed of the love and positivity I could have had for myself. Robbed of time spent actually being myself. It got to the point where I wanted to be a boy, not because I actually wanted to be a boy, but because theat’s where I thought I would be accepted, that’s where I thought I belonged, where I fit. I didn’t know I was perfectly fine the way I was, that I was a strong beautiful woman the way I was and not because I wore dresses. I saw the ease at which men could be viewed as powerful and was envious. I thought I had to be a boy to have those same things. I was wrong.
As I entered middle school I started to believe everyone, I started to feel like less of a woman, I started to hate myself because I felt so lost, so undefined. But, I don’t need to be defined or labeled. The only label I need is me. Once I saw that I felt freer. But, I hated my self for a long time because I didn’t know who Ii was. In fact, everyone else had ideas about me, kept telling me, who I was before I even knew. All I knew was they were wrong, but the more they said things the more I doubted myself. It’s kind of hard not to hold strong in your belief of yourself and turn the other cheek when a whole class of kids tell you things multiple times a day and ostracize you, isolate you because of it. So you try to fit in, you change yourself. But I never should have done that. Those were horrible, negative years that the majority of the time was not spent enjoyed. Yet, I wouldn’t change it, because it has made me who I am. Maybe, I am better for having known adversity. I still wouldn’t wish what I went through on anyone, though.
Finally 19 years later I began to accept myself. And now I can stand on my own two feet, proud and confident in who I am. I still doubt myself sometimes but not for those same reasons because I finally love myself. I love feeling “feminine”, feeling pretty and sexy in a typical woman way, but in the same sense I feel even more beautiful feeling badass and powerful. But I don’t HAVE to be powerful. I am just myself. As strong as I need to be, as strong as I want to be and not in a feminine way. In a human way.
Even now I cringe a bit because I am defining feminism in a predefined social norm kind of way. These are the things we think of women: squeal at bugs, take hours in the bathroom, have to have makeup on, have to be dainty, have to wear pretty things, and have to be less aggressive than men or even submissive. I hate bugs and I put makeup on, but only because I want to not because I am supposed to And vise versa, men have to be the ones in charge, the providers, the strong ones. In reality we are all a blend of these things and each person is different. Married couples make a team, filling in where the other lacks despite gender. Like yin and yang. They lean on each other and help each other where it is needed.
These things though, are the way woman are perceived to be, stemming from a long time ago. I can not tell if they were inherently that way or if they just filled the role that was made for them a long time ago and stuck with it for a while, creating what we think of now as “women.” But, one thing is true, things have changed. People can be all different types of individuals and just as much a man or woman as the next even if they are different. .
Emma says, “If we stop defining each other by who we aren’t, and start defining ourselves by who we are, we can be freer.”
Luckily, a couple years ago, I found this out and it changed my perception on life and on myself. Because society not only tells us to define others this way, but to define ourselves this way and we end up not measuring up. We end up hating ourselves for imagined standards. Standards that only a few hold. We are human, we are a mix of many different things. We are never just one thing (masculine, feminine, aggressive, submissive). In all reality we can be submissive for somethings and aggressive for others at the same time. Masculinity and feminine has become synonymous with aggressive and submissive. But that is not true.
So no, a man is not feminine if he is sensitive, he is just a sensitive man. And a woman is not masculine if she is tough, she is just a tough woman. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to attraction, and that is fine, but that does not make those who don’t fit your attraction lesser. They are still valued for being themselves.
So I don’t believe in the word feminism and that’s the only thing I don’t agree with about this speech. Because that implies it’s one sided and it does imply that hatred of the opposite. I think a better word would be equalism or humanism. I don’t have the perfect word yet and like she said we are struggling to find a unifying word, but DO have a unifying cause, one where no one is secluded.
Also, am I the only one that thinks the music that introduces her seems patronizing, what everyone thinks women’s music should be. Well I think it should be something with a hard beat lol she made an epic speech.
But, anyways, I don’t understand why we have to hurt each other to feel like better people ourselves, why we have to put others down to seem like we fit a mold, like we are a better man or woman for doing so. Pointing out someones “flaws” as perceived by the general role of a man or woman does not make you any more of a man or a woman. It just makes you a bitch.
If you would like to see another video somewhat on the subject, with hard facts, but is more aimed at humor, then check this out. http://www.upworthy.com/john-oliver-expected-to-catch-miss-america-in-a-lie-but-what-he-found-was-kinda-worse?c=ufb1
Check out the epic Magic: The Gathering game on my channel. It’s cooky, it’s quarky, it’s edgy, it’s just out there lol There are four parts and many discussions. Some funny and outrageous… some cutting edge about new mechanics in Khans of Tarkir and some are deep and mysterious. But I don’t want to give too much away haha plus theres the game itself. Dragons v. slivers and more
There will be reviews eventually
I found my old collection and look what I found in it: Among many other things!! I loved looking through this. Nostalgia up the butt. And I didn’t realize how many good/ semi valuable cards I had.. at the very least they are collectible lol I even had a few ex’s and I think one secret rare. Which i had no clue about. I kind of dropped the ball and lost touch for a while so I don’t know what a lot of the new things are. Can anyone tell me how to tell if a card is ultra rare??