Monthly Archives: December 2013
Yes. It has finally come. I had high expectations and I wasn’t let down. They did a phenomenal job with this movie. There was great detail in the scenes (though they could have spent more time on them, but I understand the constraints of films) and it stayed fairly true to the books which made me extremely happy. I thought the acting was really good as well.
Things I liked:
- The feel of the movie was very professional, cinematic, and true to the story.
- The actors were true to the characters they established in the first movie, which I found fairly accurate to the books more or less.
- Cinna is awesome.
- They did a good job portraying President Snow (though I thought he looked younger from Capitol procedures in the book).
- The scene where Katniss gives the speech at district 11 was sad but great in it’s brutality.
- You could truly see her feelings evolve for Peeta.
- Her dress is amazing!
- The arena was very accurate.
- They did such a good job on the monkeys.
- I love the characters of Johanna and Finnick (though the looks are just a tad off from my visualization. Not enough to count for Finnick but I envisioned Johanna as burlier.) I wish they had developed the quirky relationship between Finnick and Katniss more.
- The ending was just like the book in almost every way.
- It was very entertaining.
Things I didn’t like:
- There wasn’t enough time for each scene to describe situations, people, and relationships clearly enough. Friends who had not read the book were very confused at a few parts and it just left me feeling like there was more to be desired.
- There was no pearl given to Katniss.
- The part where she has to go off with Johanna is a bit confusing.
- I don’t remember her shooting the arrow into the sky in the book. I thought it was the wall, but I could be mistaken. Either way, it looked unrealistic.
- I wanted more from the book during the scene where Johanna changes in the elevator because it’s funny. But, that’s a minor issue.
- There wasn’t enough emphasis on Peeta’s leg or Katniss making the excuse about her ear.
- Small thigns were changed here and there (again just a small issue, really).
- It seemed like she kissed Gale more than int he book.
Overall, I definitely recommend this movie to anyone.